Top_header
Logo_headhomediv_1brandsdiv_2productsdiv_3historydiv_4contact
brands_im

 

Radio Distributing Co. (RDC) was established in 1918. It came into existence in Detroit, as a division of Auto-Electric Sales & Service Corporation. Its sole product line at inception was Atwater Kent radios which it purchased in kit form, assembled, and sold to retailers in the metro Detroit area. Shortly thereafter, the successful radio business was spun-off and incorporated as Radio Distributing Co. in 1924.

h_line

Over the decades, RDC has distributed some of the finest consumer products in the world:
Zenith (55yrs.), Armstrong (42yrs.), Kitchen Aid (35yrs), Sharp (25yrs), Thermador (22yrs), RCA, Formica, Bosch and Mannington.

In 1978 Auto-Electric ceased operations and RDC brought its four divisions; electronics, appliances,

h_line

floor covering and parts and service together at its present location in Taylor.

Today only the floor covering division remains, providing service to retailers in Michigan and northwest Ohio. Check out our history in pictures on flicker



© Radio Distributing Company 2010

facebook Flicker
RDCEPRESS